Level 3 DC issues?

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Fri Jan 29 22:40:36 UTC 2010

On 01/29/2010 08:30 PM, Robert D. Scott wrote:
> Looks like an internal problem to BoA. The redirect works, and I get an
> immediate reply. The https redirect page appears boinked. Even with a -k
> curl took over 30 seconds to get the page, and the browser would have timed
> out.

Hi,

Just noticed this article, maybe BoA is also a target ?:

CIA, PayPal under bizarre SSL assault

The "massive" flood of requests is made over the websites' SSL, or
secure-sockets layer, port, causing them to consume more resources than
normal connections, according to researchers at Shadowserver Foundation,
a volunteer security collective. The torrent started about a week ago
and appears to be caused by recent changes made to a botnet known as
Pushdo <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/botnet_spam_deluge/>.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/29/strange_ssl_web_attack/
http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Calendar/20100129

Maybe that has something to do with this ?

Hope you have a nice weekend.