DDoS mitigation recommendations

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Thu Jan 28 12:01:15 UTC 2010

We've already done an initial trial with the Arbor device, and it does
work well.  Our biggest sticking point with it is that it lacks the
granular level of visibility and control that we've been used to and
often needed to tweak profiles.  Basically, it does what it's supposed
to well, but you really can't tell what that is, and if it's not
catching all of a DDoS you have little insight as to what's being missed
or control to correct it.

Thank you,

Tom Sands
Chief Network Engineer