unreachable Sites

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Tue Jan 26 22:03:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Reynold Guerrier <reygue at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been notified this morning by several people that there is some
> websites that are unreachable from Haiti: http://www.hostcentric.com,
> http://www.gama.ht those are examples. It happens with different ISP. When
> we change th DNS using the google one 8.8.8.8 it's ok for some but some
> others still remain unreachable. Can some of you from the Nanog list check
> and advise?

You could always use OpenDNS as an alternative, especially to debug a
problem with the service. I don't know their resolver addresses off of the
top of my head (sorry David), but I'm sure that it's easy to find them
either here, https://store.opendns.com/get/basic or perhaps someone could
email them to you offline.

Best Regards,

-M<

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants