Using /126 for IPv6 router links

Daniel Senie dts at senie.com
Tue Jan 26 15:05:29 UTC 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:

> For me, the entire debate boils down to this question.
>
> What should the objective be, decades or centuries?

If centuries, how many planets and moons will the address space cover? (If we as a species manages to spread beyond this world before we destroy it). Will separate /3's, or subdivisions of subsequent /3's, be the best approach to deploying a large-scale IPv6 network on Mars? (and yes, a bit of work would be required to make the round-trip times fall within TCP's windows).