DDoS mitigation recommendations

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Tue Jan 26 14:41:18 UTC 2010

There was an interesting thread on this topic a few weeks back.  I really liked the Guards, it's too bad Cisco decided to pull this from the marketplace - it was as close to a panacea as it gets.

As alternatives, I've worked with the Riorey boxes as well as Arbor gear.  They are both very good boxes, but as your requirements state that you require Multi-tenancy that only really leaves the Arbor.  Unfortunately, the Riorey boxes only support a one-size fits all approach as they do not allow unique filtering parameters on a per-prefix basis.  Arbor on the other hand supports a full range of Managed Objects and Mitigation Templates which can be applied to individual prefixes, etc.

Sorry for the top post, I'm on my Blackberry.

Stefan Fouant