Using /126 for IPv6 router links

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Jan 24 03:51:05 UTC 2010

That's why we have the safety valve...

2000::/3 is the total address space being issued currently.
So, if we discover that there aren't enough /64s like we currently
think there are, then, before we start issuing from 4000::/3, we
can have a new address plan for that address space while leaving
the 2000::/3 in it's current state of 1, or, ideally, 2.

Owen