Using /126 for IPv6 router links

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Jan 23 23:51:33 UTC 2010

On Jan 24, 2010, at 6:07 AM, James Hess wrote:

> Then obviously, it's giving every molecule in every soda can an IP address that is the waste that matters. There are several orders of magnitude between the number of molecules in a soda can (~65000 times
> as many) as the number of  additional  IPs  used by giving a point-to-point link a /64.

I'm not too sure of the math behind this - and it was just one example.   The gazillions of one-time-use nanomachines used to scrape away plaque in just a single patient's bloodstream, et. al., argue against needless consumption of IP addresses, IMHO.  Not to mention all the smart material molecules continuously communicating with one another via NFC or somesuch in order to dynamically re-shape automobile aerodynamics and so forth.

Of course, the sinkhole issue is of far greater immediate concern.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken