1/8 and 27/8 allocated to APNIC

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri Jan 22 21:19:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Brian Dickson
<Brian.Dickson at concertia.com> wrote:
> I think it would certainly be useful, both diagnostically and operationally,
> for IANA and the RIR's to *actually announce* the unused space, and run either or
> both of tar-pits and honey-pots on those, for just such a reason - to gauge problems
> that might exist on "unused" space, *before* the space is assigned.
>
> And, it'd be nice if there were a check-box for "I volunteer for the pain".
> In the movies, where something bad can happen and they draw straws, it is almost
> always drawing straws from among volunteers.

*heh*  And there's always going to be a set of normally-outbound-heavy networks
that would *love* to get more inbound traffic by hosting honeypots for tainted
networks...so there's one set of hands ready and waiting to shoot up the
minute you need volunteers for your tar-pits and honey-pots.

Matt