1/8 and 27/8 allocated to APNIC

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:06:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:47:39 -0500, Bulger, Tim <Tim_Bulger at polk.com>
wrote:
> Having 1/8 allocated cannot be a blessing... There must be thousands of
> underskilled in the wild with stuff configured for 1/8.  It's like a
> magnet for unwanted noise traffic.

I was thinking the same thing.  I know of many installations where 1/8 has
been used internally.  Technically, they're mostly all "mainframe"
installations that are never supposed to be connected to the internet, but
they're accessed by machines that are. (that are already using private
IPv4 space.)

But it's not all bad.  It's assigned to APNIC, so a lot of people will
gladly continue blocking it.