Hardware recommendations for DWDM

Dylan Ebner dylan.ebner at crlmed.com
Thu Jan 21 15:29:30 UTC 2010

Hi everyone. I am looking for some recommendations on implementation and hardware to handle a DWDM at 500Mbps with growth to 1Gbps over the next 2 years. My experience stops at 100Mb Ethernet services but my company may be taking on a large account that would dramatically increase our needs for additional bandwidth. We will most likely have an Ethernet over PTP DWDM circuit with metro Ethernet as a backup via iBGP or EIGRP. The routers or switches need to be able to carry the traffic as well as stateless access list at the same time. There is the possibility a need of needed stateful inspect as well on one of the routers/switches.  So, what kind of hardware do you guys think is needed? Any input is appreciated.

thanks