Katrina response, private and public

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Mon Jan 18 05:37:20 UTC 2010

There are significant US naval and land assets in place.

However, resupply to the NAP/microwave backhaul out of the FERA (Front
Edge Rescue Area, to delta off the usual FEBA acronym) and local
government data communications continuity apparently aren't on the
first day task order, nor any subsequent day's task order.

Drill. Drill Now. Drill Baby Drill. Palin may be insane, but skipping
on emergency procedures and drills, which at least one government has
done, is not sane. (Doing something twice, e.g., failure to prepare
for Katrina class events, and expecting a different outcome measure of
sanity.)

Eric