SORBS on autopilot?

Michelle Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Fri Jan 15 17:08:37 UTC 2010

Leo Bicknell wrote:
> So, let me see if I got this right:
>
> 1) Network reports 1.2.3.0/24 has no dynamic IP addresses in it.

Networks don't report anything, people do, and in the majority of cases
not the network owner (where network owner = person listed in the RIR as
the POC)

> 2) SORBS robot reponds with "you must change your rDNS."

... or respond to indicate why you think the robot is wrong...
> 3) Profit?

What profit?
> What your telling me is the SORBS list of "dynamic IP's" is in fact
> not a list of dynamic IP's.  Rather it is the "SORBS list of things
> that have DNS names that look like dynamic IP's".

No, it's much more.  Delisting requests are processed in the initial
instance by a robot to save wasting valuable human time as we have
received several 1000 messages a day from dynamic users demanding
delisting.  The robot leaves us with 50-100 messages a day to process
manually (for the DUHL only.)

Michelle