SORBS on autopilot?

Michelle Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Fri Jan 15 15:17:44 UTC 2010

telmnstr at 757.org wrote:
>> Did SORBS really cause you that much pain?
>
> Yes. We purchased colo space for some systems that didn't need high
> class of service (mostly development systems.) The IP space in a
> former lifetime was a dialup pool for analog modems.
>
> We of course changed the reverse DNS entries, and did the normal
> request with SORBS. Nothign really happened. I started looking into
> it, and finding stories of people doing the mandatory $90 donation to
> get express attention,
...and at this point we know the poster (like a fair few other in this
thread) is either talking c**p or mixing SORBS with some other list.
There is NO donation required for non spam listings (a DUHL entry is not
a spam listing) and $90 is plucked from thin air... a  cursory look at
the SORBS website will attest to that.

Michelle

Note: The original poster was noted to have never opened a ticket @
SORBS by one of the staff..  I haven't verified that personally, but it
does follow a common theme..  People complain about listings and have
subsequently been found to have *not* requested delisting through the
correct channel (the SORBS support system)...  I wonder how many would
get this sort of response (a firey NANOG thread) if they complained
their ADSL was broken to the yellowpages sales line...?!?!?