SORBS on autopilot?

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:21:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:56:01 -0500, JC Dill <jcdill.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a common belief among network operators that if a "server operator"
> doesn't have access/ability to modify the PTR record for a server, it's
> a good sign that the server shouldn't be used to send email, but instead
> should send email thru an email server provided by their upstream access
> provider.

That would be fine *IF* SORBS, et. al., actually paid any attention to
such things.  I have dealt with SORBS several times over the years, and
NEVER, EVER, have they given a single shit.  Your connection is "ADSL" and
therefore "residential"... We were told by the ISP that address range is
"residential" -- a verified f***ing lie, btw.  The request has to come
 from the ISP -- which they will ignore as well.

To date, everyone who's ever blocked an email from me due to SORBS DUL,
*NO LONGER USES SORBS*. (I also rewrote the sendmail macro to explicitly
ignore their spamtrap list as well. It only takes one message, EVER, to
get listed forever.  And they will not show you the message(s) that got
you listed.)

--Ricky