more news from Google

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Jan 13 20:11:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:31:44 +0100, Anthony Uk said:

> "Second, we have evidence to suggest that a primary goal of the
> attackers was accessing the Gmail accounts of Chinese human rights
> activists. "

> I have orders of magnitude fewer users than gmail does, and often look
> at their mailboxes (with their consent, of course), but I still couldn't
> tell you the political position of any of them (apart from the politicians).

If you can tell the political position of the politicians by looking at their
mailboxes, you can probably tell the political position of a suspected human
rights activist by looking at their mailbox.  Remember - the Chinese government
doesn't care about the users who's political position can't be identified.
They care about the ones that *can* be identified as having an inconvenient
viewpoint...