more news from Google

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Jan 13 16:14:12 UTC 2010

On Jan 13, 2010, at 2:05 AM, Stefan Fouant wrote:

> I for one would be really happy to see them follow through with this.  I was
> very disappointed when they agreed to censor search results, although I can
> understand why they did so from a business standpoint... it seemed to go
> against the google mantra of "do no evil"...
>
> I'm skeptical if they'll go through with it...

According to their spokesperson, they have already stopped censoring.

That sounds a bit iffy to me.  It's one thing to say "we want to stop censoring, and will pull out if you don't let us", and "we are breaking the law, nah, nah, nah".

You don't like the law, don't do biz in that country.  But blatantly breaking a law is bad joo-joo.

--
TTFN,
patrick