more news from Google

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Jan 13 16:12:11 UTC 2010

On Jan 13, 2010, at 2:18 AM, Benjamin Billon wrote:

> Seems logical, after all.
>
> Considering the (bad) performances of Google search engine in China compared to Chinese competitors, and considering the fact that wouldn't change a bit in the future, closing offices wouldn't be a bad thing.
> That doesn't mean closing R&D centers.

Baidu has ~63%, Google has ~31%.  Q4 2009 was Google's best Q in China ever.

While I admit that 31% is not the market share Google usually enjoys, it certainly is not horrible.  Most companies would love to have 1/3 of a market as big and growing as China.

Oh, and I prefer Google over Baidu when I'm in China (which is frequently).  Their results are better, and I can get some in English. :)

--
TTFN,
patrick