SORBS on autopilot?

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Mon Jan 11 17:05:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 11:15 -0500, telmnstr at 757.org wrote:
> > Anyone got some pointers on how to get off SORBS' Dynamic IP lists?
>
> Our solution was to find new IP space. It was hopeless.

"me too"; for 2 of my old (smaller sized) customers in the last 4 or 5
month.
Nothing seemed to work and the immediate financial losses rapidly hit
over 10k Euros in both cases, so switching was by far the easier
option.
I was amazed, but it definitely worked, I'll grant them that.

Both were "normal" and non-spammy setups, correctly configured and well
run by experienced netops. They just figured it was faster/safer
(financially) to move, all things considered.

Caused a panic at the time but until it happens again, 100% success :)

Gord

--
error: wit pool entropy approaching zero. system halted. again.