qwest outage no notice

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Sat Jan 9 21:39:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Paul Wall <pauldotwall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Mike <mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com>
> wrote:
> > We just had a qwest outage of about 2 mins at 1:41am pst. When I called
> > report it I was told it was a 200+ emergency software upgrade due to a
> > security concern, and that we will get a notice later after the fact.
>
> That's not a maintenance, that's an outage.
>
> I hope everybody impacted on this list is claiming SLA.
>
> Drive Slow, much like the M40,
> Paul Wall

SLA for what? < 2m of outage time related to an emergency maintenance event?
I don't think so. Most agreement language covers this kind of event.

You'll be lucky if you can badger your account team into a free dinner
and/or some free beer for it.

-M<

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants