I don't need no stinking firewall!

bill from home bill at kruchas.com
Fri Jan 8 13:22:00 UTC 2010

All,
    This thread certainly has been educational, and has changed my
perception of what an appropriate outward facing architecture should be.
But seldom do I have the luxury of designing this from scratch, and also
the networks I administer are "small business's".
My question is at what size connection does a state table become
vulnerable, are we talking 1mb dsl's with a soho firewall?
Or as I suspect we are talking about a larger scale?
I know there are variables, I am just looking for a "rule of thumb".
I would not want to recommend a change if it is not warranted.
But when fatter and fatter pipes become available at what point would a
change be warranted.

Thanks
Bill Kruchas