D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Rob Shakir rjs at eng.gxn.net
Wed Jan 6 17:04:09 UTC 2010

On 6 Jan 2010, at 15:00, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> At 13:19 05/01/2010 +0000, Rob Shakir wrote:
>
>> If you're an SP who has some existing NetFlow solution, and don't really justify a spend for traffic intelligence within your network (or have something home-grown), is there an alternative scrubber that one might be able to use in a more standalone deployment that can approach the filtering levels of the Arbor kit?
>>
>> I should probably point out that we only really started our conversation with Arbor within the last month or so, so there are perhaps details relating to this that I've missed. I'd be happy to be corrected!
>
> In that case, how do you run your current service:
> http://www.vialtus.com/en/Solutions/Hosting-and-Datacentre-Services/Security-Solutions/Distributed-Denial-of-Service-Protection.aspx

Our existing mitigation devices are Riverhead boxes and some in-house tools, hence my interest in what other people are doing relating to the Cisco/Arbor Clean Pipes document.

I find the Riverhead boxes really good to work with, it's a shame that they're no longer under active development though!

Kind regards,
Rob

--
Rob Shakir                      <rjs at eng.gxn.net>
Network Development Engineer    GX Networks/Vialtus Solutions

This email is subject to: http://www.vialtus.com/disclaimer.html