Data Centre - Advice? (Shenzhen, China)

Scott E. MacKenzie scott.mackenzie at bikouware.com
Wed Jan 6 15:15:51 UTC 2010

Wow, missed this one reply.  Sorry Benjamin.

1) Define "tier one".
Let's go with this definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_1_network

I hope the definition helps?

NTT got some IDC in China (Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Suzhou),
but not in Shenzhen.

I noticed that the NTT sites are look owned by third parties.  Can anyone
confirm this?

Chinanetcenter would be there:
http://www.chinanetcenter.com/wangsu/english/co/Shenzhen_Banxuegang_IDC.htm

Remember Hong Kong is well served in Datacenters and upstream providers, and
well, just next to Shenzhen.

Thank you, for the feedback.  We will be looking at chinanetcenter next week
and I will let you know my thoughts.  Hong Kong is not going to work as our
clients are in China and the network delay (latency) to HK is excruciatingly
painful.  It is like sending a packet around the globe from Shenzhen to HK.
I don't know why, but I have my suspicions.  Anywhere inside the PRC the
network is blazing fast from point to point.

2) Define "technology foot print" =)
Couldn't respecting RFC be a foot print already?
No joke, please give more details about your "technology".

Servers, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc...   When serving
your clients inside the PRC from outside the PRC, does anyone have any
feedback, thoughts, comments, or suggestions surrounding placement of gear -
as in inside or outside the PRC.  Thus far it looks not good from HK or
Taiwan.    Our concern is delivering the best possible experience to our
clients using the services we offer.  (SaaS, MashApps, Etc.)  We need low
latency, moderate bandwidth, and 100% uptime - or very close to it...

Scott

Best,
Benjamin

Le 10/12/2009 05:57, Scott E. MacKenzie a ?crit :