Default Passwords for World Wide Packets/Lightning Edge Equipment

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Wed Jan 6 08:44:41 UTC 2010

> One should think the fact that there are default passwords at all
> should be a cause for alarm, in and of itself.

I must not have been very clear.  I'm resetting these switches to factory defaults using the hardware reset button, and attempting to log in using whatever the factory default passwords are.  No cause for alarm - the devices as deployed DO NOT have the default passwords on them (probably... without having the factory default passwords for the devices, it's hard to say...)

Anyways, does that make sense?