I don't need no stinking firewall!

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Jan 6 04:53:17 UTC 2010

On Jan 6, 2010, at 11:43 AM, George Bonser wrote:

>  Yes, you have to take some of the things that were done in one spot and do
> them in different locations now, but the results are an amazing increase
> in service capacity per dollar spent on infrastructure.

I strongly agree with the majority of your comments, with the caveat that I've seen many, many load-balancers fall over due to state-exhaustion, too; load-balancers need northbound protection from DDoS (S/RTBH, flow-spec, IDMS, et. al.), as well.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken