I don't need no stinking firewall!

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Tue Jan 5 21:15:17 UTC 2010

On 1/5/10 2:06 PM, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> I have an answer to that problem, but not everyone would agree with it [1].

One of my biggest beefs with some people is that they'll stand there
with their fingers in their ears yelling LA LA LA if you point out to
them that not every person in the world can use Linux/UNIX/etc.  Some
businesses _must_ use Windows to support the applications they use.

 > [1] That said, when I've had no choice but to use a Win2k3 web
 > server, I've proxy-passed it behind an Apache server.

Except that it requires yet another machine to be sold to a customer who
already laid out however many thousands of dollars for a server +
licenses + CALs + applications.

If we already have the firewall, its _very_ hard for me to justify to
the customer another chunk of cash for a second firewall just for the
server.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org