D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jan 5 15:19:19 UTC 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> My somewhat educated opinion on the matter is that appliance developers want to sit on the edge and see all your traffic merely to protect their own interests and market share.

This isn't generally a smart approach; the value of providing maximum topological coverage and the ability to oversubscribe the system by moving inwards a bit from the edge provides clear advantages, in most circumstances.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken