D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Rick Ernst nanog at shreddedmail.com
Tue Jan 5 05:05:53 UTC 2010

Not necessarily an appliance, per se. But a "solution". :)

A solution preferably that integrates with NetFlow and RTBH.  An in-line
solution obviously requires an appliance, or at least special/additional
hardware.

A software-only solution that sucks in NetFlow data and can speak BGP to
inject /32 routes is also good.  This is essentially what I have right now.
With white-listing as a safety-net, I can chose whether traffic should be
blocked automatically or punted for human eyes/brains/fingers to be the
intelligence.

I'm interested in seeing products (including software) that already have the
development (anomaly detection, trends/reports, etc.)  work done so I can
spend my cycles elsewhere.

Additional usefulness (not mentioned earlier) would be some form of API or
other hook into the system so non-NetFlow input (e.g. syslog) could generate
the /32 routes as well.

I'm looking at taking the first whack at immediate mitigation at the
border/edge (upstream) via uRPF and RTBH.  Additional mitigation would be
via manual or automatic RTBH or security/abuse@ involvement with upstreams.

Thanks,
Rick