D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jan 5 04:57:50 UTC 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> (note I think Roland may have been party to some of the presenations I linked in this...

Yes, sir, and thanks for posting those links!  You and Barry and Tim Battles and Sean Donelan and Danny McPherson and Don Smith and Steve Bellovin and Jared Mauch and John Kristoff and a lot of other folks too numerous to mention here have contributed greatly to advancing the state of the art and generating the body of real-world opsec material out there, which it behooves all network operators to study and take into consideration in their own contexts.

I also highly recommend this book by Dave Smith and Gregg Schudel of Cisco - it's the best (and only!) book on real-world opsec out there, available in dead-tree, Kindle, and Adobe Reader formats:

<http://www.amazon.com/Router-Security-Strategies-Securing-Network/dp/1587053365/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262667257&sr=8-1>

[Full disclosure; I'm cited in the book, but received and continue to receive no renumeration of any kind due to same.]

Here's another preso on this same topic which may be of interest:

<http://files.me.com/roland.dobbins/k54qkv>

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken