bhuffake at caida.org
Mon Jan 4 20:23:08 UTC 2010
CAIDA plans to conduct a comparison of geolcocation tools for
determining the location of Internet Protocal (IP) address (and other
identifiers) in the summer of 2010.
At this time we wish to receive feedback from interested parties
on input to the comparison survey, whether they wish to participate
and in what capacity.
* What is your primary interest in geolocation services?
Legal, academic, content localization, disaster preparedness,
* Can you provide ground truth geolocation information for your
* Do you have suggested metrics, questions, or tests to include in
* If you provide a geolocation service, under what conditions would
you be willing to participate?
* If you use a Geolocation service(s), which do you use and in what
* Which companies do you consider to be the primary providers of
geolocation services at this time?
Please send any comments to: geocompare-info at caida.org
Details can be found: http://www.caida.org/projects/cybersecurity/geolocation/
"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better man." - Benjamin Franklin
More information about the NANOG