[Fwd: [members-discuss] [ncc-announce] RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group]

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Feb 27 11:49:11 UTC 2010

On 27/02/2010 04:04, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> 	I'm not saying that political incentives (carrot & stick) or government
> 	regulations in the line of "implement IPv6 before X/Y or else..." have
> 	had any effect, except maybe in Japan:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Japanese government did two things:

	- tax incentivise ipv6 compliance
	- make meaningful ipv6 compliance mandatory when dealing with Japanese
government technical contracts.

The effect of this was to 1) create a direct financial incentive to deploy
meaningfully, and 2) create an indirect financial incentive to deploy ipv6
meaningfully.  Spot the pattern here?

Nick