Spamcop Blocks Facebook?

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Sat Feb 27 05:15:56 UTC 2010

There's more to it than just that Facebook themselves occasionally fit
the profile of a spammer, and so some of the more stringent networks may
filter mail from them.

Facebook is a major source of drive-by malware, and some of the apps on
Facebook tread close to the spyware/adware/parasite line and so other
security tools/IP reputation services, depending on how they implement
the blocks for the droppers, and other undesirables, may actually filter
all traffic to/from the FB servers, as opposed to the dropper redirect
or app/adware host.

Regardless, for some subset of the world, reachability to various social
networking sites is becoming less reliable.