ISP in Johannesburg in Southdafrika

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Feb 26 02:44:50 UTC 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 9:39 PM, Daniel Senie wrote:

> Better than western Massachusetts, where there's just no connectivity at all. Even dialup fails to function over crappy lines. I'd take monopoly pricing over no connectivity, I guess.

Oh, plz, if you were willing to pay $2K/Mbps, they'd trench fiber to your house.  Still think monopoly pricing is better?

Of course, that was 2008.  I hear prices have dropped to the Amazingly Low Sum of just $350/Mbps in 2010 - in certain places, if you're lucky, and sign a long term contract.  I bet there are 10 people reading this post who will run you a DS3 or better if you sign up for $350/Mbps.

--
TTFN,
patrick