ATT / Bellsouth Email Feedback Loop

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:15:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:00, Wade Peacock <wade.peacock at sunwave.net> wrote:
> Greetings Brain Trust,
>
> We have found ATT to be heavy handed with their email (spam) filtering.
> Without warn all of our mail servers will be denied from delivering email to
> their many domains (att.net, bellsouth.net, etc). They have a removal
> request form (like most other large ISPs) which takes 2 days to process. We
> never find out why the we get listed. We always check as many "email"
> reputation systems and rbl searches to determine why.  Everywhere we
> look we see no evidence of a problem. We have joined other ISP feedback look
> system, (AOL, Yahoo and even Hotmail/Live) which all have helped stop issues
> (comprised accounts, bots, etc) before they get to the point of a
> listing/block.
>
> I have searched and I can not find out definitively whether ATT has or does
> not has a feedback loop system. Anyone out there know?

I know of no ATT FBL system.

If you are getting ATT rejects, then you can enter some info here:
http://worldnet.att.net/general-info/block_admin.html

However, if you are getting blackhole'd you have no recourse, IMHO.

If any AT&T rep wants to step forward, I've know a few people waiting
in the wings with very similar issues.  One even suggested the
blackhole'ing is related to American Idol, as you need to keep your
pipes clean for those revenue generating SMS texts.  ;-)

-Jim P.