Looking Glass software - what's the current state of the art?

johan johanj at sci.kun.nl
Wed Feb 24 18:00:15 UTC 2010

Thomas Kernen wrote:
> On 2/21/10 7:41 PM, Joel M Snyder wrote:
>> We are migrating our web server from platform A to mutually incompatible
>> platform B and as a result the 7-year-old DCL script I wrote that does
>> Looking Glass for us needs to be replaced. (from my comments, looks like
>> I stole the idea from ejk at digex.net...)
>>
>> I'm guessing that someone else has done a better job and I should be
>> just downloading and using an open source tool.
>>
>> What's the current thinking on a good standalone Looking Glass that can
>> be opened to the Internet-at-large?
>>
>> jms
>>

> If you want to try other Looking Glass sources, I've listed a few of
> the more recent implementations here:
> http://www.traceroute.org/#source%20code
>
> HTH,
> Thomas

If you are looking for something fancy with a graphical interface that
not only represents the current state of your routing but also history
of routechanges  you might  want to look at ibgplay

http://www.ibgplay.org/lookingGlass.html

Link is not included in the www.traceroute.org  website, so if some
maintainer is reading along....
Grtz