Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Feb 23 19:56:02 UTC 2010

Johnny Eriksson wrote:
> Robert Bonomi wrote:
>
>> Quick!  Somebody propose a snail-mail portability bill.  When a renter
>> changes to a different landlord, his snail-mail address will be optionally
>> his  to take along, "just like" what is proposed for ISP clients.
>
> No, a complete street address portability system.

street addresses aren't so discrete that everyone doesn't handle them
slightly differently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_(geography)

And over course if you want to totally overhual the way you do things
you can just build your method as a hostile overlay on another system,
there's a long and proud tradition of doing so.