Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

N. Yaakov Ziskind awacs at ziskind.us
Tue Feb 23 16:34:39 UTC 2010

Larry Sheldon wrote (on Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:28:03AM -0600):
> On 2/23/2010 4:39 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
> > Maybe politicians should just keep their nose out of things that they
> > can't understand.  Email addresses aren't phone numbers.
>
> It occurs to me that maybe there is a reason why political conservatives
> get so excited about "minor, trivial" erosions of sanity; why they worry
> about "where this might lead"....
>
> It's been mentioned--why not "portable" street addresses.  Fire
> departments will just have to adapt.

If you want an example of just what would result, take a trip to Tokyo,
where house numbers were assigned in the order that building permits
were issued, and you need *extremely* detailed directions.

Nachman Yaakov Ziskind, FSPA, LLM       awacs at ziskind.us
Attorney and Counselor-at-Law           http://ziskind.us
Economic Group Pension Services         http://egps.com