Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Tue Feb 23 06:47:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:08:54AM -0500, James Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Gadi Evron <ge at linuxbox.org> wrote:
> > According to this proposed bill, when a client transfers to a different ISP
> > the email address will optionally be his to take along, "just like" mobile
> > providers do today with phone numbers.
>
> Why does this seem like a really bad idea?

actually, i think its a great idea.

now the ISPs will have an actual interest in shutting down and eliminating
SPAM, as it would make little economic sense to be forwarding huge amounts of
email around when the bulk of it is just gonna be discarded anyways.

( i'm half joking )

--
Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."