log parsing tool?

Darren Bolding darren at bolding.org
Mon Feb 22 22:34:25 UTC 2010

SEC (Simplet Event Correlator) is a very effective tool for this, IMHO.  I
am by no means an expert with it, but I know several people who are, and
while it is not as well known as splunk or some other tools, I have been
very impressed by the results I've seen using it.

As with any event correlation tool, there is a significant level of invested
effort required to make use of this.

http://simple-evcorr.sourceforge.net/

Below is a presentation about SEC.

http://www.occam.com/sa/CentralizedLogging2009.pdf