Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX) lyndon at orthanc.ca
Mon Feb 22 19:16:29 UTC 2010

smb at cs.columbia.edu:
> I am seriously suggesting that a redirect mechanism -- perhaps the email equivalent of HTPP's 301/302 -- would be worth considering.

We already have SMTP's 221 and 521 response codes for this. But because the
response text is free-form there's no way to reliably parse out the new address.

Fixing this is a bit tricky since the SMTP grammar defines <Reply-line> in
a way that makes it difficult to return the sort of structed response you
would need.

--lyndon