Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 22 18:42:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:24:09 CST, Larry Sheldon said:

> You don't note when you are taking somebody's word when they write in
> English.

Actually, we do.

So tell me Larry - if I cited a Latvian web page, and gave a summary, would
you feel comfortable blindly passing it along without mentioning the fact
that you were unable to verify what the page said?

What if I quoted a web page in English that was slashdotted or otherwise
404'ed by the time you tried to look at it, so you never saw the page but
only what I allegedly quoted?  Would you pass *that* along without notice
as well? Or would you note "the page 404's for me"?