Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Dorn Hetzel dhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:44:05 UTC 2010

> I dare say.
>
> I own example.  I fire George for a long list of foul deeds.  He goes to
> work for another company and writes email from george at example.com that
> injures my reputation.

I suspect we are only talking about email addresses provided as part of a
commercial service, not as an aspect of one's job.

For example, if I have a Nextel cellphone, and then they get bought by
Sprint and I decide they now suck, and I move my phone service to T-Mobile
so I can get a cool new G1, then Sprint is obliged to release my phone
number and let T-Mobile provide my new service using it.

However, if I work for Bob's Widgets, and they fire me because I'm a
slacker, I'm not expecting I get to keep the number associated with my
work-issued cellphone, no matter what carrier issued it...  Even if Bob's
Widgets was really a carrier providing a phone on their own network...

-dorn