Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Feb 22 16:30:15 UTC 2010

There's no way to do this without some underlying forwarding...  and
aside from the obvious inefficiencies, bear in mind that any spam
mitigation devices on the last hop that decide they are receiving spam
are going to direct their wrath (reputation scores, blacklisting,
greylisting, rate limiting, what-have-you) at the last forwarding hop,
not at the origin.

We get enough collateral damage from legitimate voluntary forwarding
already.  I would shudder to think of mandated, irrevocable forwarding.

Jeff