Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

James Jones james at freedomnet.co.nz
Mon Feb 22 16:27:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Robert Brockway
<robert at timetraveller.org>wrote:

> IMHO it would have been better to require the ISPs to forward the email for
> a reasonable period of time (say 3 months) to allow the user to make
> relevant notifications (or just stop using an ISP bound email address).

To me that seems reasonable. but if they do what has been suggested how long
before the rest of world implements the same policy? Also wouldn't this help
put the final nails in email's coffin? Also what about ISPs choosing to stop
providing email services?