Spamhaus...

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Fri Feb 19 20:30:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 07:18:38PM +0100, Bj??rn Mork wrote:
> I don't know what Rich referred to, but Barracudas used to be easy to
> spot by backscatter levels:
> http://www.dontbouncespam.org/#barracuda

They're *still* easy to spot by backscatter levels, probably because
(a) a lot of people still have that switch set to "on" (b) some people
still switch it to "on" (c) Barracuda's engineers apparently think
that using SPF stops backscatter -- and it most emphatically does not.

Reject gooooood, bounce baaaaaaad. [1]

Now whether there are *other* ways to spot them: I don't know.  But
there are some very sharp people at Spamhaus, and it would not surprise
me if they knew.

---Rsk

[1] Unless you are bouncing to an authenticated/internal user.