New botnet launch?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Feb 19 14:33:28 UTC 2010

All,

We noticed at around midnight for a brief period of time and around 6AM EST for an extended period that several hosted customer servers (4 completely different customers) launched quite a campaign doing 100Mbps during these times (on 100Mbps ports).

The thing I find 'suspicious' is that all of the machines connected Interfaces said they were sending out 200Mbps (on 100Mbps links) and that they all had the same exact traffic profile (MRTG, etc).

Anyone else see this or am I just very lucky?

thanks,
-Drew