Spamhaus...

Michelle Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Thu Feb 18 10:40:17 UTC 2010

Laczo, Louis wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm looking for comments / suggestions / opinions from any providers that have been contacted by spamhaus about excessive queries originating from their DNS resolvers, typically, as a proxy for customers. I know that certain large DNS providers (i.e. google and level3) have either been banned or have voluntarily blocked spamhaus queries by their resolvers. We're currently in discussion with spamhaus and I wanted to see how others may have handled this.

They seem to be doing that a lot of late.  They also contacted my
employer and demanded $100k/yr(?) for having a "Use Spamhaus RBL" in our
software.  Next version will not have the ability to query Spamhaus
unless a user configures it themselves in the "Custom RBL" settings.

Michelle

? = could have been more, not sure without checking with the CEO, result
was the same.