austin eats

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:09:48 UTC 2010

It really depends on what do yo like to eat, there are many places in
Austin, very decent eateries around UT sites/dorms.

Is in the south area of Austin, not downtown, but whenever we go there
we love to stop by La Loca Maria Taco Express,
http://www.tacoxpress.com, it's one of those traditional joints whit
some history, very well known and frequented by students and faculty
and perhaps some of the best tacos I ever had with an Argentinean
twist (Maria is a native from AR).

This is a good reference I regularly use:
http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Guides/Restaurant

If you want to eat country food, you better get to the Hill Country, I
learned that you can find better chicken fried steak outside
metropolitan areas.

But, if you are up for a ~60mi drive to the south, I'll bake you some
home made Argentinean empanadas :-)

Cheers
Jorge

PS. Have a great trip and "stay weird"