BIRD vs Quagga

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Feb 17 11:48:06 UTC 2010

On 17/02/2010 01:19, Randy Bush wrote:
> i would add decades of bad anecdotes where the data plane is not
> congruent with the control plane.  in general, when plane N is not
> congruent with plane N+1, management and debugging are problematic.

I've always maintained publicly and privately that route servers are not
for everyone.  A good rule of thumb is: "using a route collector for
peering is probably suitable for your network unless you know why it isn't".

Interesting choice of wording: "decades of bad anecdotes".  Does that mean
anecdata?

Nick