BIRD vs Quagga

Jake Khuon khuon at neebu.net
Wed Feb 17 07:25:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 23:03 -0800, Jake Khuon wrote:

> The best solution we came up with at the time was to add some control
> knobs to rsd in order to allow us to quickly take down the BGP session
> to the peer on the falsely advertising RS.

Sorry... this was poorly worded.  We did not actually tear down the BGP
sessions.  I should have placed quotes around "BGP session".  What we
did was virtually nuked the "view" in the RS of the pairwise peering
thus forcing a BGP withdrawal to the effected peers of the RS and
hopefully leaving only valid third-party views intact.  Again, the
greatest problem was detection and modeling.

--
/*=================[ Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net> ]=================+
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |