BIRD vs Quagga

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Wed Feb 17 03:53:03 UTC 2010

As in SS7, which has successfully managed the phone system for decades,
where the control and data plane are explicitly separated?

There's significant theoretical work, backed up with lots of practical
experience connecting a lot more nodes in real time in a lot more places
than the Internet currently does, that posits that the control and
forwarding plane should actually ALWAYS be separate, and control higher
priority, so that state management converges faster than the dataflows.

I'd like to see the countervailing, peer reviewed, references.